Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Tawney's Belly Cast




The butterflies are 3-D







This is Pam Udy's pregnant belly with her daughter, Tawney.  When I talked to Pam and Tawney about what they wanted on this Tawney said, "Flowers, lady bugs, bumble bees, butterflies, dragon flies, pink, purple..."

I asked Pam about her pregnancy and birth.  She told me this was her most peaceful happy pregnancy.  During labor she had a moment alone and realized she was not going to be able to breathe the baby down as hoped.  She said, "I realized I was going to have to work to get this baby out.  There was a gathering of strength."

So my mind went to work.  I felt a great positive energy as I thought about and worked on this painting.  The blue butterflies represent peace softley landing. I thought a lot about a cocoon.  When the work is done inside, a new life emerges.  The work is peaceful and happy.  The mother evolves and grows as well.   I am happy with how it turned out!

2 comments:

The Hunter's said...

BEAUTIFUL!

AVENTURAS PURA VIDA said...

Beautiful work! I need to get motivated and finish painting mine. :)